I am admittedly not the biggest fan of chocolate. Now I don’t hate it. I believe that some of the best dishes I have had were made so by this great invention. I just have it in moderation every so often if available and actually do enjoy it.
This is not the case with everyone though. For a lot of people, chocolate in beverage or solid form melts the heart. It warms on cold days and cools on really hot days. A lot of sweet-toothed individuals would also tell you that it is at the center of their confectionery obsessions.
Happy Chocolate Day
Today your characters get to go nuts about all things chocolate from having it themselves to gifting it to a special someone.
9th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Chocolate Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- A magical sweet shop appears every year where children can have all the chocolate they want for free with zero consequences.
- Your character has the Midas Touch, only instead of gold, their hand turns everything into chocolate.
- Cupid, disguised as a chocolatier, invents a gourmet confection that makes clueless individuals aware of unrequited love.
- A conspiracy theorist investigates a chocolate factory that rears and harvests chocolate eggs from easter bunnies.
- A chocoholic model with the ability to maintain her figure by consuming copious amounts of cocoa beans.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and treat yourself to some good old chocolate.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?