When you were young, you knew without a shadow of a doubt that you would make your dreams come true.
Now that you’ve grown up though, things could have changed. It might seem daunting enough to even speak them out loud, lest the dream goblins sabotage you with reality.
Happy Make Your Dreams Come True Day.
Today our characters throw caution to the wind and strive to make their dreams come true.
13th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Make Your Dreams Come True Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story receives a dreamcatcher for their birthday that turns their lucid dreams into reality.
- Your character is death, disguised as a mortician, who then helps terminally ill children fulfill their wildest dreams before they die.
- A glitch in the wishing star department system leads to the granting of each and every wish ever made upon a shooting star.
- A character’s ultimate wildest dreams come true, gradually rendering their reality and loved ones a fading illusion.
- Your character’s dreams come true at the expense of their current love interest’s misfortune.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Sudden Fiction. This is a story with 101 to 750 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water and get right back to making those dreams happen.
Do have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi.