It’s time for you to dump your significant jerk. In the course of life, as we forge relationships, we meet different people. Sometimes these people are great, and other times they’re the worst mistake we’ve ever made. What happens when you realize that someone you thought would be the love of your life just isn’t.
You let them go.
We don’t get into a relationship thinking it will end terribly. Naturally we hope. We imagine that things will turn out great. That the people we allow into our lives will remain forever. However, when these same people become the very thing that brings endless pain and heartache, we must make a choice, hard as it may be to make. Sometimes letting go is all that can be done.
Happy Dump Your Significant Jerk Day
Today you will be the voice of reason in your character’s ear telling them very simply; dump your significant jerk.
5th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Dump Your Significant Jerk Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- A shy character finally gets the guts to stand up to their abusive partner.
- Your character dumps their jerk of a fiance after standing them up on the altar.
- Two characters in toxic relationships meet at a councilor’s lobby and hit it off.
- A group of friends work to break up a naive friend and their toxic manipulative partner.
- A jerk breaks up with their partner out of spite, only to have them save their life shortly after.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water and get rid of those toxic people. You don’t need them.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.