It is official. Time to unsheath our glorious Geekness and conquer the world. Break out the RPGs and grab your LARPing gear. Things are about to get nerdy.
In spite of the Victorian era definition, being a geek is all about skill and ability (minus the biting off heads thing). We innovate, problem solve and adapt. In the wake of an apocalypse, we would run the world. In fact, we already do.
Whether it’s video games, social media, anime, or film, at the heart of everything we all know and love is a geek with a big fat juicy brain. They took us to space literally and cinematically. It’s high time we recognize the truth.
Geeks make the world go round.
happy Embrace your Geekness Day
Geek is in. Say it loud and say it proud. Today our characters get to express their repressed Geekness unabashed.
13th July Writing Prompts
In honor of Embrace Your Geekness Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your geeky character invents an RPG app that turns avoiding bullies into a live-action D&D game.
- The character in your story discovers that Tolkien’s works are based on an alien civilization living on Mars.
- While LARPing, a group of teenagers stumble upon a magical doorway in the woods that leads into an elven world.
- Your character gets robbed by aliens along a deserted desert road.
- A comic book collector can make his favorite anime characters come alive and do their bidding.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Micro-Fiction. This is a story with no more than 100 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water and get back into it. Geek out as much as possible. Build robots or invent an elven language. Cast elemental spells or journey into space. Let your stories embrace the true meaning of geekness.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi.
You must log in to post a comment.