I never appreciated the need for escape until I held a book in my hand. Reading, like writing and art, provides me with the perfect opportunity to travel to distant places and times from the comfort of my sweatpants.
When my dad died, we also had time to escape from everything as a family. Granted we spent most of the time sleeping or watching movies, but it was exactly what we needed.
In my time creating, I also often experience moments of burnout or creative fatigue. These are the times when taking walks, exercising, or having self-care moments are important. In such times I’ll sleep in, catch up on my k-dramas and allow myself to be as unproductive as possible. It always helps to recharge me.
Happy Escape Day
Today your characters will get the opportunity to escape from the usual humdrum of everyday life and do something new and exciting.
30th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Escape Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character is a convict who is planning to break out of the world’s most secure prison.
- A wizened feline leads a group of house cats in an escape from a crazy cat lady’s house.
- The character in your story has the ability to escape into the fictional worlds of the books they read.
- A group of orphans plans an escape from the worst children’s home in existence.
- Your character is a police officer who pursues an escaped convict, only to fall in love with them.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Sudden Fiction. This is a story with 101 to 750 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and of course, take the opportunity to escape, if just for a couple of hours. You’ll thank yourself for it.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?