In the beginning, cave dwellers relied on clothes more for protection from the elements than for fashion. Now, clothing has gone far beyond this to reflect one’s style, self-expression, and art.
Englishman Charles Frederick Worth’s House of Worth began the era of modern fashion design in Paris in 1826. No wonder names like Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Yves Saint Laurent have since become household names in the fashion industry.
Happy Fashion Day
Today we celebrate fashion and the ability to wear whatsoever one chooses. It is the opportunity for our characters to work the runway and smize.
9th July Writing Prompts
In honor of Fashion Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character has an obsession for shopping and goes to extreme, often hilarious ways, to fund her compulsion.
- A new store has opened up on the street and your character suspects the designer is using magical helpers.
- While attending a fashion show, the headliner model disappears mid-show with an expensive one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry.
- The character in your story is a famous designer who uses an unorthodox type of otherworldly material.
- Your character’s vintage collection allows them to go back in time.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Micro-Fiction. These are stories with a maximum of 100 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch and walk, grab a drink of water and get back into it. Feel free to also tune into Fashion TV or watch reruns of America’s Next Top Model for inspiration.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts and in the words of Coco Chanel, in order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi