Romantic love had always gotten the upper hand until the idea of Galentines came up. Now hear me out ladies, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with loving your man. However, there should always be space enough for your gals. You know, the ones who were there even before he came around.
That is the essence of Galentines. Celebrate your girlfriends who will always and have always stuck by you through thick and thin. They will forever have your back and so should you.
Happy Galentine’s Day
Today your characters get to prioritize the girls in their lives over their romantic interests in a unique Galentines way.
13th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Galentine’s Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your characters leave their husbands with the kids and go on a much-deserved girl’s trip.
- Chance leads a group of girlfriends, each going through rocky relationships, back to their hometown on Galentine’s day.
- A character is jolted back to reality when her gal pal is hurt while trying to defend her against her abusive boyfriend.
- The character in your story ditches her better half on her anniversary to be with her widowed friend.
- A group of girlfriends decides to throw a crazy end year party to celebrate their achievements and no boys are allowed.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and celebrate your girlfriends. They’re your ride-or-die.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.