I love horses. They’re basically the cool kids of the animal kingdom. No other creature looks as effortlessly chill running around with long hair swishing in the wind. They know it, we know it, and today we’re celebrating their majestic beauty.
Humans have been domesticating horses for up to 6000 years. In that time these majestic beasts have also given rise to more brilliant mythical creatures. These include the unicorn, kelpie, and the almighty Pegasus. Even in fantasy, horses bring all the boys to the yard.
Speaking of boys, cowboys are another wonderful gift that horses have supplied to us. We love to pine over these muscled demigods in boots and tight jeans ravishing us after a long day riding bareback (pun definitely intended). Like the Trojan horse, these beguiling creatures can penetrate any barrier. (Okay I’ll stop now…hahaha)
Happy I Love Horses Day
I could rant about how much I love horses all day but I’ll spare you for now. Instead, let’s get our characters out of the house and onto some ponies.
15th July Writing Prompts
In honor of, I Love Horses Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character’s automobile breaks down on a deserted county road only to be rescued minutes later by a dashing cowboy.
- The character in your story is afraid of horses until one saves their life.
- While pursuing a runaway calf, a cowboy spots a unicorn drinking from his stream.
- Your character is a fisherman who goes on the hunt for a kelpie that kidnapped their child.
- A horse tamer switches bodies with their captive wild horse.
- A herd of unicorns decides to fight back after being hunted for years.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 701 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and get right back to it. You are allowed to stare at cute horses, but only for one hour.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi.
You must log in to post a comment.