This day was invented for people like me with analysis paralysis to just do it. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched time float by as I debated with myself about whether to get up and get active or just watch the next episode on Netflix.
It is an opportunity to rip the bandage and stop dillydallying. After all, getting it done today means more resting time tomorrow.
Happy Just Do It Day.
Today your characters will stop procrastinating about whatever they’ve been blowing off for a while and just do it.
24th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Just Do It Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character’s to-do list comes alive to whip them out of their lazy slump.
- A couch potato inherits a pair of shoes that forces them to compete in a marathon.
- A shy character finally builds the confidence to confess their feelings to their crush.
- The character in your story is stuck in a time loop until they resign to face their biggest fear.
- Your character is haunted by their personified regrets that force them to alter their behavior to change the future.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Short Stories. This is a story with 1501 to 7000 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water and stop procrastinating. Just do it.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag yourself a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.