You probably don’t know this, but there are a number of contraptions out there that are thanks to innovative kid inventors.
These include the Popsicle, trampoline, earmuffs, swim flippers, and braille.
Happy Kid Inventors’ Day.
Today our characters get wisdom from the mouth of babes because it’s all about kid inventors this time around.
17th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Kid Inventors’ Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story is an evil child genius bent on dominating the world.
- Your character invents a contraption that gets rid of every adult in existence.
- A young character’s advanced brain attracts the attention of an extraterrestrial race that feeds on brain matter.
- An inventor travels back in time to alter their traumatic childhood.
- A kid is kidnapped by their future doppelganger to avert an apocalypse.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Micro-Fiction. This is a story with no more than 100 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and get back to marveling at kid geniuses.
Do have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi.