Throughout history, people have been losing personal items and finding others, both with a varied mix of emotions. The lost and found section has been piling up ever since.
Lost and Found Day was invented in order to acknowledge the impact that losing and finding our possessions has on our lives.
Happy Lost and Found Day
Today our characters will be rummaging through the lost and found to either recover something they’ve lost or return something they’ve found.
9th December Writing Prompts
In honor of Lost and Found Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story finds a letter addressed years ago to them by an old flame that they never received.
- A character loses a family heirloom due to a careless mistake.
- Two siblings who were separated at birth reunite under unexpected circumstances.
- A hit-and-run case causes a police officer to lose their prime suspect and evidence.
- Your character finds a hidden passageway to a basement that holds a dark family secret.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with no more than 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and get back to it. A good mystery book or film would be a great reward for attempting today’s prompts.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi.