There is nothing as beautiful as marriage. With time of course, the institution itself has faced quite the changes. Many people have tried to suit it to their own tastes to a regrettable or satisfactory end. At the heart of it though, is the concept of enduring love.
It is not a secret. Love is not a concept that is very unfamiliar to us. We say it a lot, and believe that we mean it when we do. However, fundamentally, it is a far superior concept to actualize, especially to each other in spite of our ever present shortcomings.
Happy Marriage Day
Today our characters get to make that all important decision to enter into marriage, whether through a grand proposal or an intimate expression.
12th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Marriage Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character finally builds the courage to propose to their childhood sweetheart.
- A character with an idealistic idea of marriage finds that the real thing is very different from fairy-tales.
- The character in your story is a jaded marriage councillor with a knack for breaking couples up.
- Your character is a brilliant wedding planner with the worst luck in picking a partner.
- A character who has grown up in a broken family meets a partner who challenges their fundamental idea of marriage.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Sudden Fiction. This is a story with 101 to 750 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and if you’re ready, well, today is the best day to make that next big step.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?