I have profound respect for opera singers. As a music lover myself, I appreciate the complexities of the art. These individuals however take singing to a whole new level. With years of experience and training, they are able to fill a theatre with their voice with little to no amplification devices.
I don’t know about you, but I think that deserves more than applause.
Happy Opera Day
Today your characters get to put on the most elegant thing they own in their closet to either attend or perform in the local opera.
8th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Opera Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- An understudy with stage fright has to debut after the belladonna calls in sick.
- Your tone-deaf character pretends to be an opera singer in order to court their new crush, to a hilarious end.
- A world-famous opera singer loses their voice at the height of their career.
- A well-meaning, music-loving siren, posing as a soprano, garners an enormous male following that eventually leads to mass suicides caused by her enchantment.
- A character who detests the opera wakes up in an alternate universe where life is one large opera production of endless singing.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Sudden Fiction. This is a story with 101 to 750 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and treat yourself to a classic opera film/production.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.