In a world with so much negativity circling about, it can be hard to be an optimist. The news flourishes in our anxiety and constantly bombards us with calamities. This is not to mention the toxicity on social media.
In a nutshell, staying optimistic is hard. Whether you view the world as a glass half full, or altogether smash the glass on the floor in protest, being positive takes effort. Staying positive is even harder, considering road rage, the shifting economy, and people who use up tissue paper and don’t replace it.
Happy Optimist Day
Today your character will have a go at being an optimist and see how long they can go maintaining a positive outlook on life.
2nd February Writing Prompts
In honor of Optimist Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character’s birthday goes from bad to worse despite their resolve to remain positive.
- A happy-go-lucky character goes on a blind date with a pessimistic jerk.
- The character in your story is so optimistic to the point of willing actual disaster away from them and onto any pessimist in close proximity.
- A natural born optimist discovers that their positive demeanor grants them the power to heal.
- A pessimistic wakes up in an alternate universe where negativity is punishable by death.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Short Stories. This is a story with 1501 to 7000 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and optimist or not, remember, there’s always a positive side to any situation.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.