I have never actually sat down to plan for a vacation. It isn’t that I don’t want to have one. In fact, I desperately crave time away from everything to just be. Unfortunately, my current financial obligations just cannot allow me to enjoy the kind of vacation I would want at the moment. That does not mean that I shouldn’t still plan for it.
Success is when opportunity meets preparedness. This is a statement I have really come to love. In a nutshell, what it tells me is I do not have to wait for the opportunity to present itself in order to prepare. When I am prepared, and the opportunity finds me prepared, then I can successfully move into it.
Happy Plan for a Vacation Day.
Today your characters will get the opportunity to carve out time in their busy schedules and plan for a vacation.
31st January Writing Prompts
In honor of Plan for a Vacation Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character is a workaholic whose assistant mistakenly books them for a holiday weekend instead of a business conference.
- A single working dad plans a vacation with their kids, to disastrous ends.
- The CEO of a global empire who is diagnosed with a terminal illness plans their very last vacation before they die.
- A group of estranged friends plan a road trip to reconnect.
- Your character plans a vacation in their hometown where they reconnect with their childhood love.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and of course, take the opportunity to plan for a vacation. It doesn’t have to be elaborate. But you do need a break every now and then. Take it and rest when you can. You’ll thank yourself for it.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?