Kids need to play and what better way to ensure this happens than through a playdate? Even though technology has made life a lot easier, it has denied our kids some vital social skills.
This day began as an idea by Ilona Viluna, a mother and CEO of GIGI Bloks to have kids playing with each other again instead of alone in front of screens.
Happy Playdate Day.
Today our characters will get a chance to schedule a play date, build their imagination, and get to go outside just to be kids.
21st January Writing Prompts
In honor of Playdate Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- A kid is invited for a play date by the strange new twins from next door.
- Your character runs an agency that matches kids with the ideal best friend.
- A play date quickly turns epic when a gnome drags a child down a rabbit hole.
- The character in your story uses a play date as an excuse to meet their crush.
- Your villain invents a machine that destroys all gaming devices and screens to force children to play outside.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Micro-Fiction. This is a story with no more than 100 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and get back to it. A writing session with a buddy would be the perfect play date excuse.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag yourself a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.