I believe that the rose is the most celebrated of all flowers. We use it to express emotions that might be too hard to speak out. This beautiful flower graces everything from gift bouquets, wedding garlands, hospital bed stands, even tombstones. Yet across the board, it speaks the same language, the language of love.
Happy Rose Day.
Today your character gets to purchase a rose or two to appreciate that special person or people in their life.
7th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Rose Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story is Venus, the Roman goddess of love and beauty, disguised as a florist to spread love through flowers.
- Your character who is deathly allergic to pollen inherits a flower shop.
- A workaholic quits their job and retires to their family farm to plant roses.
- A local restaurant rises to fame with roses as their main ingredient.
- In a dystopia where flowers have gone extinct, an archaeologist find the very last specimen on earth.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Micro Fiction. This is a story with no more than 100 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water and smell the roses.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.