I adore the idea of a secret pal who sends me gifts throughout the year. It’s far better than a secret Santa and makes every day feel like Christmas. Although it is the essence of anonymity that is most fascinating to me.
It is common to want to receive recognition for everything we do. However, it is a breath of fresh air when a concept like this provides goodwill for another person’s benefit.
Happy Secret Pal Day.
Today our characters get to be secret blessings to someone else by assuming the role of a secret pal.
20th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Secret Pal Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story is assigned as the secret Santa of their worst enemy.
- Your character starts receiving gifts and letters from a secret admirer.
- A bully connects with their victim through a secret pal app.
- A psychiatrist inherits a mystical journal that allows them to correspond with suicidal pen pals.
- A character is cursed to keep their friendships as long as they remain secret.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and spread some anonymous love.
Do have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like attempting my daily writing prompts? Then consider dropping in on my Ko-fi account to grab yourself a beautiful keepsake of the same.