The past couple of years have reminded us just how important it is to be free to take a walk outdoors.
This day celebrates our innate need to leave our repetitive confines, unwind, breathe fresh air and be outside.
Happy Take a Walk Outdoors Day
Today our characters will get a chance to take a walk outdoors, smell the roses and generally explore the outside world.
11th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Take a Walk Outdoors Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story leaves their house, after years of confinement, to find the world completely changed.
- Your character takes their dog out for a walk in the woods only to be abducted by forest goblins.
- A technologically advanced dystopian society imposes a mandatory ‘take-a-walk-outdoors day’ to combat obesity.
- A character inherits the ability to literally walk a mile in the life of anyone he meets by putting on their shoes.
- Your character finds a dead man’s fitness watch that possesses them with the compulsion to get up and run outside whenever someone starts talking.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Short Stories. These are stories with 1501 to 7000 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and get right back to it. A stroll outdoors might just be what the doctor ordered to spark some inspiration.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like what I do? Then consider supporting me on Ko-fi