Society has often labeled the artist as an outlaw.
For instance, when Banksy started appearing in the streets of London in the 1990s, this mysterious artist was subversively using street art to bring political questions onto the streets.
They are one of many who have used their artistic voice as a form of protest.
Happy Artist as Outlaw Day.
Today our characters trade their swords for paint supplies to make a statement in the role of the artist as an outlaw.
19th January Writing Prompts
In honor of Artist as Outlaw Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- The character in your story is an anonymous artist who subversively decries a dictatorial government through street art.
- Your character is an artist in a world where creativity of any form is outlawed.
- A character with split personality disorder plays the role of a world-famous artist as well as an outlaw on the run.
- An art curator and infamous outlaw are trapped in an exhibition hall overnight.
- An artist revives an ancient outlawed art form which attracts unexpected attention.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Flash Fiction. This is a story with 751 to 1500 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and make a statement through your art form.
Do have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Did you like today’s Daily Writing Prompt? Then why not consider grabbing yourself a high-resolution graphic image of the same to keep on Ko-fi?