We can always depend on the umbrella. Through the cold and heat, it remains sacrificially steadfast. That is until the wind zooms in and turns it inside out. Then we’re forced to spend the next couple of embarrassing minutes trying to pop it back in place. Once we do, all eyes on us, we hobble away wet and messy as if nothing ever happened. Very dependable indeed.
I on the other hand am not. Somehow I always tend to lose mine on the bus. Also, no matter how big they make them, you can never fit the other person well enough without getting your shoulder wet.
Happy Umbrella Day
Today we get to go singing in the rain, or better yet, you can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh.
10th February Writing Prompts
In honor of Umbrella Day, write an original story involving the following scenarios.
- Your character offers an old man shelter under their umbrella, unaware that it is Zeus on a quest to flood the earth.
- A stranger with a peculiar umbrella keeps appearing in your character’s dreams until finally, they show up at their doorstep on a rainy night.
- A thunderstorm maroons two unlucky divorcees in a magical antique umbrella shop.
- For some reason that nobody can explain, rain starts falling from the ground up, rendering umbrellas useless.
- A gust of wind blows your character away along with their umbrella to a mysterious land beyond the clouds inhabited by water people.
Remember to use the tag ‘dailywitheli’ so that I can add your story to my word prompt hall of fame. You do not have to attempt all of the prompts. However, if and when inspiration strikes, do follow the muse.
For today’s prompt, we are tackling Short Stories. This is a story with 1501 to 7000 words. Therefore, as always, try your best to stick within the confines of the word count.
Take time to stretch, walk, grab a drink of water, and always have an umbrella handy. You never know when you might need it.
All in all, have fun with today’s writing prompts.
Do you like my Daily Writing Prompts? Then why not snag a few downloadable keepsakes on Ko-fi to keep you motivated?
You must log in to post a comment.